Thursday, June 28, 2012

All in the family

Tommy Smythe (aka Sarah Richardson's bespectacled sidekick) holds a special place in my heart, which he won with his diminutive but impeccably styled black bedroom and beautiful black-and-white kitchen. I don't watch HGTV so I don't get enough Tommy, so I'm happy that he's now a monthly contributor at House & Home. My cheating heart also has a soft spot for Tommy's sister, the ever so chic Christie of Smythe Les Vestes, the Canadian maker of sharply tailored blazers, who was featured on The Coveteur today. And if I remember correctly, Christie was in some way responsible for launching Tommy's career in interior design thanks to her friendship with Sarah. It never hurts to have friends, family and lovers in high places. Here's to nepotism!

<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>Andrea forced me to buy these Givenchy shoes at the beautiful SSENSE store in Old Montreal.  I can’t walk in them, but that’s beside the point. I get teased about colour-coordinating my books, but I can’t help myself. – Christie Smythe</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Shoes, Givenchy </span>#inline_21

<span class='fancyPhotoDesc'>This crimson blazer is from Spring ‘12 and is called the Maitre D’.  The length and long shawl collar really reminded us of a waiter’s blazer. My favourite detail is the skinny flange running the length of the arm. – Christie Smythe</span><span class='fancyPhotoName'>Blazer, Smythe </span>#inline_24

Major style envy here: http://thecoveteur.com/Smythe

PS. Hating the summer heat but loving the swarm of fireflies outside my window tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment